In my job as a Happiness Engineer for Automattic, I often get asked how to add an image with a link into a widget area. This can be daunting if someone doesn’t know HTML. But that doesn’t have to deter you. There is a sneaky way to get that code, even without HTML knowledge. This is how to do it:
- Create a draft post and insert your image.
- If you want to add a link to the image, click on the image after it’s inserted and click on the paperclip icon to add your link.
- Click on the “HMTL” option at the top of your editing page (next to “Visual”)
- Copy that code. Note that your code will look similar to what I have in the next image, but the words and links will be different – specialized to your own information.
- Open your Customize tool and go to Widgets.
- Add the Text Widget.
- Paste your code and save.
- And you will see your image in your widget areas (click it to test your link) 🙂