Highlights during the past few weeks:
- The final patch of snow melted June 6, and I got to see the change.
- Summer activities are going to happen, and I get to see the prep for the June 27th opening of resort activities.
- My friend Gail visited. We walked and talked and enjoyed being the first people to use the pool since all was shut down in March.
- In our backyard I have heard owls and coyotes and have seen chipmunks, squirrels, deer and a beautiful young coyote (didn’t get a pic unfortunately, but it was fun).
- And I got some kisses from the local celebrity dog, Charlie. The best!
We even had a wonderful visit with relatives, Linda and Kevin. Not just relatives–but good friends as well. Kevin has a blog on https://rom5v8.wordpress.com/ if you are interested.
Not a bad way to kick off June, I have to say. Not all is going as planned for sabbatical (actually nothing is going as planned — I’ll post about that on a post coming out tomorrow, but these are the treasured moments I celebrate.