What is yours? I started a draft of a post for this topic almost a year ago then ditched it to focus on other things. Today I was showing someone how to create blog posts and shared my process. I’m curious to hear what other bloggers do. (If you don’t mind taking a few minutes to share in the comments, that would be so awesome.) Or even better, write your own post about your process and drop a link in my comments so other people see your blog, too 🙂
Scenario: You’ve been on vacation and have lots of images and stories about your time away.
How do you write it up?
This is what I would do (while using a computer — I’m not focusing on the app at this time). * Bonus – You get to see what a great evening we had with a friend while celebrating the Fourth of July. Haha.
How I Create a Post
- First, I would put all the images I want to use into a folder.
- I’d name the images reflecting what each image is.
- Next, I’d add a Gallery Block and upload the images — all in one shot.
- When the images were done uploading, I’d switch the block type to Image Blocks so they were each separate.
- For each image, I would add the alternative text so visually impaired people using screen readers can know what the images depict.
- Using the arrows, I would put the images in the order of the story I want to write.
- While I can use the + to add blocks, I personally like the Insert Before and Insert After options I get by clicking the three dots on the block toolbar. So I use that.
- I add text and make things look prettier. I often play around with the block settings until I get a look I like.
- Sometimes I hold my shift key while selecting a couple of blocks then change the block type again to group them or align them differently.
- I play with sizing and formatting.
Here is a screencast of my process. Pretend you don’t see how badly I type after a ten-hour workday 🙂
I’d really love to hear how you create. Please share.