In my job as a Happiness Engineer for Automattic, I often get asked how to add an image with a link into a widget area. This can be daunting if someone doesn’t know HTML. But that doesn’t have to deter you. There is a sneaky way to get that code, even without HTML knowledge. This is how to do it:
- Create a draft post and insert your image.
- If you want to add a link to the image, click on the image after it’s inserted and click on the paperclip icon to add your link.
- Click on the “HMTL” option at the top of your editing page (next to “Visual”)
- Copy that code. Note that your code will look similar to what I have in the next image, but the words and links will be different – specialized to your own information.
- Open your Customize tool and go to Widgets.
- Add the Text Widget.
- Paste your code and save.
- And you will see your image in your widget areas (click it to test your link) 🙂
It’s a game for you to play if you want.
** Edited to add that Hudi is definitely the winner in the family category, and Tina is the non-family winner. Great job! You all guessed a lot of these! Answers are now in the captions. **
“Never apologize for not posting in a while. It just calls attention to it.” That’s advice I often give bloggers. And I believe it, but I also relate to the guilt they feel as they put up a post after a long absence. And confession is always a good thing after an action that instills guilt. I get it.
For me, this time, I felt overwhelmed by all the things I wanted to post about. So many experiences and life events I wanted to share. I got some out there, but ran out of time for the rest. So I’m going to do it all in one shot now. Get the images up and move on, feeling caught up.
So I’m going to make it a game.
According to Google, I have been on 43 trips so far this year. See if you can:
- Tell where I was
- For bonus points – name the event 🙂
- And for SUPER bonus points – feel free to add a story or anecdote from the occasion 😀
Please describe which image you are referring to when you post your answers.
To make things a bit easier, I only did occasions from mid-April through October.
Ready? Steady? GO!!!!
I will post the answers in captions next week — or as the answers are given if I have time.
Blogging 101 is one of my favorite courses, and we start again in a few days! Woot!
If you have ever wanted to learn how to make a free WordPress blog, this is a great way to do it. Just make sure you sign up before Sunday the 7th.
The WordPress Blogging University offers free month-long classes you can take at your own pace. Each weekday you get an assignment to work on with your own blog. The assignments get you publishing, customizing your site and engaging with other bloggers. It’s really fun!
One of my favorite aspects of the course (aside from meeting lots of awesome bloggers) is that one can take it at their own pace. While assignments are issued–nobody is keeping track of what you do. There are no grades. And since there are no assignments on weekends, you have time to catch up if you want.
For sign-ups just go to Blogging 101: Zero to Hero: June 8 – 26.
Hope to see you in the class 🙂