I’m a huge fan of AllRecipes.com. Sometimes I find myself merging a few recipes I find there to create my own concoction. Then I get frustrated when I forget what I did so I decided to blog some of my favorites — the way I like them.
Vegetarian Pea Soup
- Instant Pot
- Immersion Blender
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 4 cloves of garlic — crushed or sliced
- 3 cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 c split peas (yellow or geen) or lentils
- 2 large carrots cut into pieces
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 7 c water
- 1 crushed bullion cube
- Sautee the onions and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are translucent (about five minutes).
- Throw in all the rest of the ingredients and cook on the Soup setting for 3 hrs. Keep the steam nozzle in the closed position.
- Blend with an immersion blender after it's done cooking.